Transform the look of skin instantly. Perfecting formula with Color Lock technology holds pigments in place for up to 24 hours no matter the activity, heat, or humidity.
This foundation works overtime to give you high-performance coverage with a perfectly matte finish that lasts all day and all night. From work to workout to late nights out, it stays fresh – even in heat and humidity. The exclusive Artistry Exact Fit® blend, formulated with Tahitian pearls and optical prisms, is naturally perfecting, and mimics the look of real skin for a flawless complexion with an invisible, seamless fit that looks so believably natural.
The Artistry science behind the product:
- Long-lasting, perfecting formula features breakthrough Color Lock technology – no matter the activity, heat, or humidity, pigments are perfectly calibrated to wear long and stay in place, and keep skin looking flawless.
- All-day comfort wear: The flexible, transfer-resistant formula holds pigments in place while allowing the skin to remain comfortable during wear.
- Exclusive Artistry Exact Fit® blend is formulated from Tahitian pearls and optical prisms that filter light to visibly blur imperfections and the look of pores for a natural looking, even finish.
- Stands up to heat, humidity, and constant activity for up to 24 hours, so you won’t always be checking your look in the mirror or taking time out for touch-ups.
- Looks natural and blends well for a seamless fusion that instantly mimics the look of real skin – perfected.
- Lightweight formula won’t feel heavy or look cakey.
- Skin-nourishing vitamin E and pure Norwegian water to help keep skin feeling comfortable and smooth.
Active IngredientsTitanium Dioxide 4.025%
IngredientsWATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, GLYCERIN, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYPHENYL DIMETHICONE, TALC, SILICA, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, POLYSILICONE-11, PHENOXYETHANOL, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, ALUMINA, POLYSORBATE-20, SODIUM CHLORIDE, SODIUM CITRATE, STEAROYL GLUTAMIC ACID, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, METHYLPARABEN, DISODIUM EDTA, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PROPYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE, PEARL POWDER, LAURETH-12, LECITHIN, CERAMIDE NP, BETA-SITOSTEROL, SODIUM HYALURONATE, GLUCOSAMINE HCL, UREA, YEAST EXTRACT, ALGAE EXTRACT, TOCOPHEROL CITRIC ACID, SODIUM HYDROXIDE MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTIENIR: IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891)
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should use Artistry Exact Fit® Longwearing Foundation?
- Women who are looking for a long-wearing foundation formula and are interested in maintaining a natural, flawless appearance with the perfect finish, shade, and wear.
- Women of any skin type who desire longer foundation wear.
- Women who have used Artistry® Hydrating and Balancing Foundations in the past.
- Women of all ethnicities, ages 18 and above.
What are the primary benefits of using this product?
Artistry Exact Fit® Longwearing Foundation transforms the look of skin instantly, mimicking the look of real skin. The unique formula is:
- Long-wearing up to 24 hours.
- Naturally perfecting.
- Nourishing and comfortable.
Does Artistry Exact Fit® Longwearing Foundation provide good wear in heat, humidity, and through constant activity?
Consumer testing in hot humid environments supports that the foundation stayed flawless even under these kinds of rigorous conditions.
How does the Color Lock technology in Artistry Exact Fit® Longwearing Foundation work?
This formula uses a technologically advanced silicone resin that forms a flexible transfer-resistant film on the surface of the skin. This film forms a matrix with surface-treated pigments and the Artistry Exact Fit® blend of Tahitian pearls and optical prisms to hold it in place while allowing the skin to breathe and remain comfortable during wear.
How does the formula help perfect skin?
A lot of research and testing went into the invention of this Artistry Exact Fit® Longwearing Foundation formula until it was perfected to mimic the look of real skin. The formula is naturally perfecting, with an exclusive blend of Tahitian pearls and optical prisms that filter light to create a soft-focus effect. That means it visibly blurs imperfections and pores with just the right amount of coverage. Skin looks perfected and natural.
What benefit should I see from the optical prisms in Artistry Exact Fit® Longwearing Foundation?
Optical prisms, also known as optical diffusers, and light-scattering ingredients such as mica, silica, and specially designed spherical composite powders, deliver an even finish.
What can I expect to see when I use the product on my skin?
Expect to see skin perfection with just the right amount of undetectable coverage. No touch-ups necessary.
Many long-wearing products feel heavy or uncomfortable. What makes Artistry Exact Fit® Longwearing Foundation different?
The secret is the lightweight, nourishing formula with vitamin E and pure Norwegian water. It will keep your skin feeling comfortable, and you’ll be amazed how the soft, smooth look wears on and on, for all those 24 long-wearing hours.
Does the formula provide any nourishing benefits?
Yes, Artistry Exact Fit® Longwearing Foundation is a lightweight emulsion formulated with skin-nourishing (Ceramide IIIB and sodium hyaluronate) ingredients, vitamin E, and pure Norwegian water, that help keep your skin feeling comfortable and looking smooth and soft.
Does the formula contain SPF?
The Artistry Exact Fit® Longwearing Foundation formula is designed to deliver broad spectrum SPF 15 UVB/UVA protection to help protect skin from the effects of sun damage.
Why is SPF of this product lower than Artistry® Hydrating, Balancing, and Youth Xtend® Foundations?
In an effort to maintain an effective sunscreen level while also delivering a product that is comfortable to wear, transfer resistant, long-wearing, and available in a full range of shades, a slightly lower, but still very effective, SPF 15 level of sunscreen was established for this product.
What type of coverage does this foundation provide?
Artistry Exact Fit® Longwearing Foundation offers medium-to-full coverage. It means that for skin that is visibly uneven in tone, has spots, or has freckles, this foundation will provide enough coverage to camouflage unevenness and small flaws, while providing a natural-looking, perfected result.
Which skin types is this foundation best suitable for?
Artistry Exact Fit® Longwearing Foundation is designed for all skin types, although it is most ideal for normal to oily skin. The formula is suitable for sensitive skin. For those desiring extra hydration, try Artistry Youth Xtend® Lifting Smoothing Foundation.
How is this foundation different from the Artistry® Hydrating and Balancing Foundations?
It has a new Artistry® technology called Color Lock, which helps it really stand up to heat, humidity, and your active on-the-go life. The pigments are specially calibrated to not only wear long, but also stay in place and feel comfortable for up to 24 hours. So, you won’t always be checking your look in the mirror and taking time out for touch-ups.
How many shades are offered?
The shade ranges vary from market to market but the full palette is 17 shades. Please refer to the Artistry® shade finder toward the end of this section.
Does this foundation provide a high-definition and photo-ready finish?
Yes, Artistry Exact Fit® Longwearing Foundation provides both a high-definition and photo-ready finish. Recent advancements in foundation have created “high-definition” products that cover imperfections to make skin camera-ready. Optical diffusers and light-scattering ingredients such as mica, silica, or crystals create the illusion of an even finish.
Is this product oil-free? Is it dermatologist tested?
Artistry Exact Fit® Longwearing Foundation is oil-free and safe to use around the eye area. It is dermatologist tested, noncomedogenic, and won’t clog pores.
What type of fragrance is used in Artistry Exact Fit® Longwearing Foundation?
Artistry Exact Fit® Longwearing Foundation does not contain fragrance.
Is this product waterproof or water-resistant?
Varying regulatory requirements around the world make water-resistance claims difficult while maintaining an aesthetically pleasing and comfortable product formulation. As a result, a decision was made to not test for water-resistant claims for this product. However, it has been tested and proven to wear for up to 24 hours, is transfer-resistant, and stands up in heat, humidity, and through constant activity.
What is this product’s net fill?
Artistry Exact Fit® Longwearing Foundation net fill is 30 mL or 1.0 oz.
Product and package use
How do I open and close the bottle correctly?
To open the package, simply pull the cap straight up. To replace the cap, apply pressure until the cap snaps over the base of the pump. For proper alignment, the downward slant of the crescendo should be oriented to the right side of the bottle. Snap the cap down and twist the cap clockwise until the cap stops.
How do I unlock the foundation pump?
The pump lock can be used to prevent the pump from accidentally dispensing. Turn the pump clockwise to lock; turn the pump counterclockwise to allow pumping.
How many pumps do I need before the product comes out for the first time?
Typically, the pump will require up to five strokes for the product to begin dispensing. On occasion, it may take up to 10 strokes for the product to dispense for the first time.
How much should I pump for one application?
Depressing the pump halfway generally provides enough foundation for a single application, but you may pump as much product as you need.
What should I do to ensure the optimal application of this product?
Artistry Exact Fit® Longwearing Foundation is the last step in your skincare regimen and the first step to creating your sophisticated look with Artistry® cosmetics. Always let your skincare products absorb completely prior to applying your foundation for the best application.
What are the different application techniques to achieve the best look for me?
To achieve the perfected look you want, try Artistry Global Makeup Artist Rick DiCecca’s easy, expert tips:
How can I have 24-hour, even-toned, great-looking skin with Artistry Exact Fit® Longwearing Foundation?
- Apply a small amount of Artistry Exact Fit® Longwearing Foundation to the back of your hand. Doing this allows product to warm up, makes blending easy, and provides the best application.
- Applying foundation with a foundation brush makes application easy, but fingertips or a sponge may also be used.
- Start by applying a dab of foundation to lips; this will allow you to see any imperfections on the skin more clearly.
- Beginning in the center of the face, apply foundation in broad strokes, moving to other areas of the face, and blending toward the hairline.
- To give more coverage to specific areas, use a tapping stroke (stippling) on the desired area.
- For quick, on-the-go application, follow the above steps using your fingers instead of a foundation brush.
How can I create an extra flawless finish with Artistry Exact Fit® Longwearing Foundation?
- Create an extra polished finish by sweeping Artistry Exact Fit® Perfecting Loose Powder over your face with brush.
- Next, use a powder rubdown method. Start by tapping a small amount of loose powder into the palm of your hand.
- Rub your fingertips in the powder to warm it for a smooth application.
- Gently press and smooth the powder into your skin using your fingertips and a smoothing motion.
- Using quick, short strokes with your powder brush, buff away any excess powder. This helps you set and perfect your makeup and makes pores seem to disappear.
Which Artistry® cosmetics should I use with Artistry Exact Fit® Longwearing Foundation for the best fit within the Artistry® Signature Makeup Everyday Natural Look?
- For best results, first apply Artistry Exact Fit® Beauty Balm Perfecting Primer to smooth, protect, and prime the skin for optimal makeup application.
- Apply Artistry® Concealer prior to Artistry Exact Fit® Longwearing Foundation.
- Follow with Artistry Exact Fit® Loose Powder to set foundation and complete the first step of the Artistry® Signature Makeup Everyday Natural Look beauty regimen for an even, perfected complexion.
- Follow with Artistry® Color cosmetics to define and color.
- For on-the-go touch-ups, carry Artistry Exact Fit® Translucent Pressed Powder.
Which Artistry® skincare products work best with Artistry Exact Fit® Longwearing Foundation?
The formula is compatible with all Artistry® skincare, including Artistry Ideal Radiance®, Artistry Hydra-V™, Artistry Youth Xtend®, Artistry Supreme LX™, and Artistry® Intensive Skincare products. For best results, use with Artistry® skincare products that work best for your skin concerns.
What is the inspiration behind the Artistry Exact Fit® Longwearing Foundation bottle design?
Artistry Exact Fit® Longwearing Foundation comes in a sleek, beautifully designed bottle with a clock icon to signify the 24-hour long wear, and a clear bottom so you can easily “shade shop.” The Artistry “A” icon is printed on top of the upward-slanted crescendo cap. The word crescendo, adopted from music terminology, is defined as a gradual and continuous rise in volume; this sleek, upward-sloping profile captures the grace and strength of Forward Beauty in physical form. With bold purpose and aesthetic excellence, a mix of delicacy and strength, grace and precision, this bottle is a true work of art.
How do I tell what my shade level is?
Just as in nature, natural skin tones vary. Artistry® foundations are categorized into six natural levels from light to dark, to make finding your shade easy and more accurate. Look at the Artistry® Signature shade selector and choose the row of swatches that most matches your natural depth of skin color. Here is an easy way to gauge:
Level 1 = Light
Level 2 = Light-Medium
Level 3 = Medium
Level 4 = Medium-Deep
Level 5 = Deep
Level 6 = Very Deep
How do I tell what my undertone is?
Undertones are designated as warm, neutral, or cool. It is easy to determine your undertone, if you answer a few questions:
Warm (W): Does your skin have a golden or olive hue? Do the veins in your wrist appear more green than blue? Do you get more compliments when you wear browns, dark greens, oranges, or yellows? If you answered yes to most of these questions, then your undertone is warm.
Neutral (N): Does your skin have an even-toned, neutral hue that is neither pink nor golden? Do the veins in your wrist appear a little green and also a little blue? Does any clothing color suit you well? If you answered yes to most of these questions, then your undertone is neutral.
Cool (C): Does your skin have a pink or rosy hue? Do the veins in your wrist appear more blue than green? Do you get more compliments when you wear pinks, purples, blues, and white? If you answered yes to most of these questions, then your undertone is cool.
Most Asians, Latinas, and Mediterranean Europeans are warm or neutral. Many northern Europeans are cool or neutral. More people are warm than they realize. If you are unsure, start with neutral. For example, if your skin tone is level 1, and your undertone is warm, you would be L1W1 (lightest) or L1W2 (slightly darker).
How was the global shade palette developed to truly match a broad range of skin tones?
Our exclusive skin tone-capturing technology, F.A.C.E.S, was applied around the world to pinpoint the best-fitting shades globally. Artistry Global Makeup Artist Rick DiCecca, scientists, and foundation experts developed shades to be skin fitting, natural looking, and easy to find a perfect match.
I wore L4C1/L5C1/L6C1 in Artistry Youth Xtend® Lifting Smoothing Foundation or Artistry Exact Fit® Powder Foundation. What shade would I wear in Artistry Exact Fit® Longwearing Foundation?
With each product launch, we review our portfolio to ensure we meet the needs of our diverse global customers. Deeper skin tones tend to be neutral or warmer in undertone and we recommend that if you wore one of the above-mentioned shades, you should try the neutral equivalent (L4N1/L5N1/L6N1).
What are some extra tips to make finding my exact foundation shade easier? Often I hear words or phrases like “masstone” or “dry time” and wondered if you can provide guidance on some of these phrases or words?
- Aim high: Foundation may be the one makeup product on which you should spend a little more time selecting your ideal shade.
- Application: Foundation needs to be applied evenly and blended as you would actually wear the makeup.
- Color matching: Every effort is taken to ensure shades match as closely as possible from formula to formula. They are matched on multiple shade models of the same shade, in consistent lighting. From formula to formula, there are usually subtle differences in shades due to multiple factors, i.e., radiance, coverage, and formula type. In shade matching, we try to match masstone to skin tone but there are factors from formula to formula that can cause a foundation shade to look different, i.e., optical diffusers, coverage, or form.
- Dry time: This is the time it takes for a foundation to dry. This is important as foundations often shift in shade or depth as they dry. This is more obvious with Artistry Youth Xtend® Lifting Smoothing Foundation than Artistry Exact Fit® Longwearing Foundation. Artistry Youth Xtend® Lifting Smoothing Foundation dries darker than its original wet application. Artistry Exact Fit® Longwearing Foundation dries more quickly.
- Lighting: Foundation may look different in daylight versus incandescent or fluorescent light. Ideally, look at foundation in several light conditions whenever possible.
- Masstone: This is the way the product looks wet, in the bottle, or when you’ve just applied it to skin before blending. It is the full color before it dries. Artistry Youth Xtend® Foundation masstone looks lighter than Artistry Exact Fit® Longwearing Foundation on application and shifts slightly darker as it dries down. Often consumers use masstone to select shade, which is not ideal. Keep in mind it tends to shift slightly during dry down so masstone not the best indicator that the selected shade matches.
- Match shade on your jaw: Ideally, stripe foundation on face, blending out, and let dry completely before checking shade match. Whenever possible, evaluate selection in incandescent, fluorescent, and daylight since foundation looks different in different types of light.
- Put it to the test: A shade that appears to be custom blended when it’s on the back of your hand may look clownish when it’s on your face. Instead of testing it on your hand –which tends to be slightly darker than your face – swipe a bit onto your jawline, which will be a closer color match.
- Shade matches: There generally is some variance in shade from formula to formula based on the formula type, i.e., luminous finish, high coverage, matte finish, etc. For instance, Artistry Youth Xtend® Lifting Smoothing Foundation has high level of radiance vs. Artistry Exact Fit® Longwearing Foundation, which has a natural matte finish in comparison.
- Shade selection: Ideally, this should be done on your face.
- Skin tone: The way the foundation looks on your skin after it has dried.
More InformationUse Instructions:
- Compatible with all Artistry® skincare products. For best results, use with Artistry® skincare products that are tailored to your individual skin concerns.
Follow this order of use for an even, perfected complexion:
- Complete your normal skincare regimen and allow skincare products to be absorbed fully prior to applying foundation.
- If needed, apply Artistry® Concealer.
- Apply Artistry Exact Fit® Beauty Balm Perfecting Primer to smooth and prime skin for optimal makeup application.
- For best results, apply foundation using the Artistry® Foundation Brush (11-0449, sold separately). Alternatively, you can use your fingertips or a sponge.
- Follow up with Artistry Exact Fit® Perfecting Loose Powder to set foundation.
- For on-the-go touch-ups, carry Artistry Exact Fit® Translucent Pressed Powder.